Camp Greylock is privately owned by Michael Marcus and Lukas Horn, who purchased the camp in 1994.
Our five directors have a combined 185 summers of camp experience at Greylock. Each member of the directorate has been at camp for more than twenty-five years, lives on campus during the season, and works only at Greylock during the summer and winter.
Director Michael Marcus has been working at Greylock since 1982. He served as a counselor and department head before joining the directorate. Michael lives in New York City, and is married to Diane, the owner-director of Camp Belvoir Terrace in Lenox. They are proud parents of Avery, a current camper at Belvoir.
Director Lukas Horn has been working at Greylock since 1980. He was a camper, counselor, department head of the waterfront, and head counselor before joining the directorate. His father, a Greylocker from 1948 through 1953, introduced Lukas to Greylock. Lukas lives in New York City.
Associate Director Victor Blair has been working at Greylock since 1980. He was a group leader and head counselor before joining the Directorate. Vic was a teacher, mentor, and an assistant principal for the New York City Board of Education for over thirty years. Vic is the father of two Greylockers and splits his time between Long Island and Delray Beach, Florida .
Associate Director Bernie Ehrlich has been working at Greylock since 1963. He was a group head and head counselor before joining the Directorate. In college, Bernie was captain of the varsity basketball team, and he later earned a gold medal on the American basketball team at the Maccabi Games. Bernie worked as a public school teacher for forty years, and also served as both a teacher and a principal at a Hebrew School for over thirty years. Bernie and his wife, Arlene, reside in Boca Raton, Florida. In 2012, Bernie celebrated his 50th summer at Greylock. His continuous tenure at Greylock is the longest of any person in the history of the camp.
Associate Director and Director of Athletics Jim Mason has been coming to Greylock since 1975. He was a camper, counselor, department head, and group head at Greylock before joining the Directorate. Jim’s grandfather and his two brothers, George, Lou, and “Doc” Mason, are the founders of Greylock and ran the camp from 1916 through 1948. Jim coached fifteen seasons of college baseball, including stints at the University of Rhode Island and the George Washington University.